Friday, August 21, 2009

Family Feud and the LA Dodgers

What a day! I will forever remember Friday, August 21, 2009 as one of the busiest but most fun days in a while. Myself and a bunch of friends from the ICLA program all went to a taping of Family Feud at the Sunset Bronson Studios. I always loved watching the show when I was younger, so it was fantastic to finally see the show live.

If your hands ever hurt from clapping a lot, it couldn't be anywhere near as bad as all of our hands were after today. You see three shows at the taping, and the show is ALL ABOUT APPLAUSE!! You clap for EVERYTHING! If a person gets a question right, you applaud. If they get it wrong, there's an elongated "Awww" followed by clapping. Cheering and applauding were non-stop during the show. However, it was certainly a fun experience and something I advise anyone to do if they are in Los Angeles. The best part? The tickets are free!



After the show, we ventured over to Dodger Stadium for the Dodgers-Cubs game. It was the first time I had ever been to a game at the ballpark, and it became the 8th different MLB Stadium I've seen a game at (10 if you include the Old Yankee Stadium and Shea Stadium). The place is very unique and one of the oldest parks around. We had seats in the Top Deck which are high up, but provide a very nice view of the whole field and the scenic mountains behind.

The game was a bit boring, a 2-1 Dodgers win where the Cubs had only 1 hit, and the fans in the Top Deck were a little too focused on bouncing around Beach Balls and doing the wave (a personal pet peeve of mine). However, they were passionate at points, especially when Jonathan Broxton came on to close the game. I feel if the game was better, the atmosphere would've been much more enjoyable. I couldn't believe that you don't get a pencil with your scorecard. I had to buy one separate which was ridiculous! I also was upset with the lack of various sizes for T-Shirts in the stores. That could use work.

After the game, we were allowed to go onto the field to watch a very nice fireworks show. It was relatively short, but very cool to watch in the middle of a stadium with all the lights turned off. Being on the field was pretty fun too! As for getting out of the Stadium parking lot, it was a nightmare. It took forever just to go about 20 feet from our parking spot to the exit lanes. However, once we got in those, it took us about 15 minutes to get back, which wasn't bad. Overall, about 40 minutes from the time we got in the car.



Today was a very fun day and one of many that I know I will have here in LA. On Saturday, we'll all be going on a hike to the famous Hollywood sign, and on Sunday, we're taking a trip to Venice Beach. Certainly should be a fun time for everyone!

Thanks for continuing to read! I hope you're enjoying my posts. Feel free to give me any comments or suggestions or ask questions. You can comment on the post or email me at mhpbroadcaster@gmail.com

0 comments: