Monday, August 17, 2009

Favorites from My California Vacation

Now that I'm all settled into my new apartment, I thought I'd do a little recap from my trip and tell you some of my favorite things that I did. So, here we go:

Favorite Place: Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39
This is really the premiere place to go in San Francisco and featured so many great things to do. From walking through the shops to the great restaurants to the California Sea Lions; Everything in this area was unique to San Francisco for the most part. The seafood was really great, and the sourdough bread from Boudin was also tasty. Overall, I had the most fun in this area.

Runner-Up: AT&T Park for the Giants-Reds Game

Favorite Meal: Shabu-Shabu dinner at the Kodak Theatre
I was looking to pick something that was both very tasty and a great experience. This place qualified for both. Having never had this type of cuisine, I truly enjoyed getting to try something new, and it was fun getting to basically make your dinner even though you were at a restaurant. While the food was already prepared, you put the final cooking touches on it which was cool. Then, there was the food itself, which was delicious. Flavorful, filling, and definitely worth the cost.

Runner-Up: Ribs and Onion Loaf at Tony Roma's in Universal Citywalk

Favorite Dessert: Hot Fudge Sundae at Ghirardelli Square
We didn't have a ton of places that we went to for dessert, but this would've been the winner anywhere. The sundae is famous and definitely the epitome of hot fudge sundaes. The chocolate at Ghirardelli is so good that it makes the ice cream infinitely better. The shoppe was a cool place too and showed how the chocolate was made. There was a gift shop too with insane amounts of chocolate. Overall, a great dessert.

Runner-Up: Hot Fudge Cheesecake at Cavalier Restaurant in San Simeon

Favorite Hotel: San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf
I've never slept so well in every hotel I went to during this vacation. However, this one was far above the rest. First of all, the beds in this hotel were phenomenal. The second you lie down, you sink into the bed because of how comfortable it was. The place was clean, big enough, and easy to access. Then, there's Pablo. He was the main concierge there, and he helped my mom and I get the best experience in San Francisco. He told us about the city bus tour, the House of Nanking, and what buses to take everywhere. Without him, this trip would not have been as fun. Overall, just a great place today, especially since it's a few blocks from Fisherman's Wharf.

0 comments: