Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Traditiooooooon, Tradition!...Tradition!

Ah, Fiddler on the Roof. What a great play! Saw that a few years back on Broadway when Alfred Molina was Tevye. Good Times!

Anyway, I'm a man about tradition. I absolutely love having things that you do and treasure for years. At home, my best friends and I had a tradition that we'd go to Wendy's and then hang out at one of our houses on Friday nights. The Yankees have the Pinstripes, and haven't changed in all their years playing baseball. At Ithaca, I would always do a fist-pound with my broadcast partner before a game.

Here in Los Angeles, I have a new tradition. Every Wednesday, I have a class from 2:30 to 5:30 and then another one at 7. That hour and a half in between has become the Mike, Bryan and Jennifer dinner party. Every week, the three of us, and sometimes other friends of ours, all go have dinner at one of LA's fine fast food establishments.

Yes, it is awful for our health, and we probably should just bring our own dinner down to the Pendelton Center. But, come on! How boring is that? All three of us are loving this tradition. This week, we elected to go to Panda Express for some quality Chinese food. Last week was Wienerschnitzel. The week before that, Koo Koo Roo. We've also hit up Carl's Jr. It's been a great time.

Traditions are very valuable in my life. I love having two great friends that share this with me. Those 90 minutes have become something I look forward to every week!

0 comments: