Saturday, September 19, 2009

Well I Guess This Is Growing Up

Lyrics from the song Dammit, which Blink 182 played last night during a tremendous encore of an even better concert!! I am so happy that I was able to attend the show with my roommate down at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre in Irvine. Blink 182 headlined a fantastic show that also included Fall Out Boy, The All-American Rejects, and Chester French.


Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre

While LA traffic prevented us from seeing Mr. French, we did get to see most of AAR, and all of the other two bands. The Rejects are a personal favorite of mine and they didn't disappoint with many of my favorite songs. Swing, Swing was played as was I Wanna, The Real World, and Gives You Hell, which closed out their performance. Tyler was very vocal with the crowd! Gotta love AAR!


All-American Rejects on Stage

Fall Out Boy was next. They had a cool set-up with light-up "F O B" letters in front of the drums. They played many of their big hits as well. Some of my favorites were "This Ain't a Scene," "I Don't Care," "Sugar, We're Goin Down," and "Dance, Dance." I wasn't sure what to expect out of them, but they were really fun to listen to, talked a lot with the crowd, and had some nice guitar playing. I was very impressed by them!


Fall Out Boy on Stage

Then came Blink 182, which showed it was going to be impressive right out of the gate. They played three straight songs without stopping. Their set-up included some awesome lighting and multiple video screens in the background. They played a total of 22 songs and were on the stage for about an hour and a half. You should check out the complete setlist. Just unbelievable!


Blink 182 on Stage

Their encore included a ridiculous drumming session by Travis Barker where he drummed on a platform that elevated in the air, went on angles, and even spun!! It got a tremendous roar from the crowd. "Dammit" was fantastic. It included an amazing intro and sounded even better with the whole crowd singing!


End of the Blink 182 Encore

Overall, this was probably the best concert I've been too. Granted, I haven't been to many, this just blew me away with how great it was. The venue is pretty big. It seats about 10,000 or so and then has a giant grass area which can hold at least 6,000 people if not more. The place was absolutely packed yesterday, and the sound was awesome with everyone cheering and singing. Definitely worth the price of admission and something I hope I can do again.


Packed House For the Show!

0 comments: