Monday, December 7, 2009

Another Crazy Weekend

Well, once again, I have yet to post in a few days, and that's because I have literally been scrapping for time. This past weekend was chock full of every different internship I have, making life sort of chaotic. In fact, I am writing to you right now from the Staples Center where the Kings are about to play the Flames, and several ICLA students and alumni are in attendance! GO IC!

So, here's a recap of the last few days:

Friday

Went to Torrance for Citi Cable 3 to do some interviews for a profile piece on South High volleyball player Jackie Landers. I got to meet her mom and dad as well as see where they live. The interviews and the package came out fantastic and will be aired on this week's show. Keep an eye out on the blog for a link!

Saturday

The Kings played a 1:00 game against the Blues. The team honored Luc Robitaille before the game for being inducted into the National Hockey League Hall of Fame and gave out Luc bobbleheads to everyone! The game was exciting and went to a shootout, but the Kings lost 5-4.

After, they had about 2 hours to change the arena from hockey to basketball format, and I got to stay and watch the changeover. It was the first time I've seen this, and I must say, it was pretty cool! Here's a glimpse of the change:

The Ice is Covered and the Court Begins to Form


Extra Seats Opened and Court Almost Done


Court All Done


All Set After 2 Hours


Players Take the Court

After, I stayed for most of the Clippers vs. Pacers game which was also exciting and allowed me to complete my goal of seeing each pro sports team in LA (and Anaheim)!

Sunday

The Ontario Reign finally returned home for the first time since November 21st. They played the Victoria Salmon Kings and won in overtime 4-3 in another thrilling game. It was great to get to call another game after such a long layoff, and it was even better because the game was close!

As for today, it rained for the 2nd time since I've been out here, and wreaked havoc on the roads. It took me 90 minutes to go what is normally 30 because people drive so slow and don't know how to operate when it rains. However, I edited the Citi Cable package and now am ready for Kings hockey! Should be another fun one at Staples Center tonight!

0 comments: