Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Turkey Day!!

\
Hello Blog Family!!

Just wanted to wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving! It's very weird for me being away from home for the first time in my life during the holiday. I love getting together with everyone, usually at my uncle's house in New Jersey, catching up with each other, watching football all day, and eating a great meal. Today, I will not be at my uncle's house, but I'm sure the day will still be fun!

I have so much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving, and while I can't think of them all, here are a few:

1) My family, especially my mom: Everyone has been so supportive of me through my college career and mostly this semester in LA. They always listen to my hockey broadcasts and check in on me to see how things are going. I love you all so much!

2) My friends: I have so many great people both at home, in Ithaca, and here in LA that I have surrounded myself with over the last 3 and a half years. You all have been so much fun to spend time with, have been extremely supportive, and I wouldn't give you up for anything in the world!

3) The Ontario Reign, LA Kings, Citi Cable 3, WNBC-TV, WCBS NewsRadio 880, SportsNet NY, and Steiner Sports: Since I embarked on my college career, each of these organizations has been gracious enough to offer me a job or internship that has helped me progress to the point where I am at now. Without all of the experiences you have given me, I would not be as prepared for the future.

4) Ithaca College: The last 3 and a half years of my life have been the best! When I looked at colleges, IC was at the top of my list, and getting accepted was one of my most exciting moments. From my advisor John Wolohan, to the awesome professors I've had, to the people at Financial Aid who allowed me to make Ithaca happen, to the wonderful people at the two radio stations and ICTV, to my bosses at the Campus Center where I worked, and everyone else I'm forgetting, thank you for making college amazing!

5) The Yankees: Almost every year, I always thank the team I care about the most at the Thanksgiving table. It's been rough the last few years with the Yankees either getting bounced in the first round or missing the playoffs altogether. This year, they won the World Series. Can't really leave them out this time. Thanks for a great season, thrilling postseason, and all the World Series apparel I now get to flaunt!

Alright, I have a date with some turkey, sweet potato casserole, and corn bread from Boston Market this afternoon! Very excited!

1 comments:

Beth B said...

Like normal, I'm at the ID catching up. It's great to hear how thankful you are and that you enjoyed your Thanksgiving. I'm thankful that you don't mind that I'm a Duke fan and that you appreciate my s'more brownies.