Wednesday, November 18, 2009

San Francisco, UFL, Kings, and Reign

This past weekend, I went up north with a few of my friends in LA to San Francisco and San Jose. The three people I went with had never been to San Fran, so I showed them around some of the best sites in the city. We went to Lombard Street, Fisherman's Wharf, Ghiradelli Chocolate Factory, the Golden Gate Bridge, and Muir Woods. I had never been to Muir Woods, so that was cool to see. The redwood trees that make the forest famous were incredibly tall and a sight to look at.

Here are some pictures from our time in San Francisco:

Lombard Street

Pier 39 @ Fisherman's Wharf

California Sea Lions @ Fisherman's Wharf

Golden Gate Bridge

Redwood Trees @ Muir Woods


We spent part of our time also seeing some college campuses including Stanford University and San Jose State University. Here are some shots from the colleges:

Stanford University



San Jose State University



Finally, we capped the weekend by going to a United Football League game in San Jose between the California Redwoods and the Las Vegas Locomotives. It was fun seeing some former NFL players, and we got an exciting game to watch. Not to mention, we had seats 2 rows off the field at the 50-yard line. Overall, we had a fun experience! Here are some shots from the game:

View From Our Seats

Game Action (Redwoods in Green)


To see all of my pictures, check out my two Facebook photo albums!

---------------------------


Aside from that adventure, things at the internships are going well. The Kings are finally back from their road trip and host the Philadelphia Flyers tonight at Staples Center. I actually am getting to do stats for the Flyers TV broadcast which should be a fun experience. I'm excited to watch some hockey once again. The Kings play again on Saturday against the Calgary Flames at home. Nick and Daryl have both been great people to work with and care a lot about my broadcasting experience in Ontario. They have asked how things have gone and even will listen to CDs of my broadcast and critique me. Pretty cool!

--------------------------


Finally, the Reign are back home as well for two games this weekend against the Stockton Thunder. They will play on Friday night at 7:30 PM Pacific Time (10:30 Eastern) and on Saturday at 7:00 PM Pacific (10:00 Eastern). I hope you get a chance to listen as they should be good games, and I am now getting a good grasp of the teams and flow of the game. To listen to my broadcast, click here about five-ten minutes before game time.

0 comments: